domingo, 16 de outubro de 2011

Overview of the Book of Jonah, Part Three

Jonas is asked about his life and tells the sailors who he is (1:8-17).
Jonas admits he was disobeying God - fleeing from God´s presence - and the sailors are angry with his attitude. They then ask what they can do to reverse the situation and cease the storm. I think the answer of Jonas surprised everybody, because he told them to throw him overboard!
Well, even those pagan sailors were not heartless men, so reluctant and tried in every way to take the ship back to earth. When they recognized that their efforts were in vain, because the storm was getting worse, they end up praying to the God of Jonah - asking Him to spare them and forgive them for what they had to do! When all else does not work, they launched the prophet overboard! When the storm stopped miraculously, they got so impressed that worshiped the God of Jonah, offered sacrifices and made vows as believers do when they experience this kind of emotional experience. 
 
To meditate:
  • every action generates a reaction, 
  • my choices affect my life and people around me,
  • how many choices do you make per day? 
"I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws." Psalm 119:30

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário