sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2011

Clay Pots

The Bible says that we are like clay pots in God's hands. This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD: ‘Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.’ So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the LORD came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.”  (Jeremiah 18:1-6). God wants to use us, to mold us, to fill us according to His perfect will. Read this story:

The Cracked Pot
 A man used to go out every day to fetch (take/bring) water from a well. To carry water, he used two clay pots. He carried the pots attached to a stake on his shoulders.
 Once, one of the pots cracked. And the cracked pot started leaking water.
 The entire (whole/perfect) pot began to make fun of the cracked pot that was leaking water and boasted of being able to carry more water without wasting anything.
 The cracked pot was hearing it, listening, listening…until one day it said to the man:
 - Look! I don’t want to carry water anymore. I’m sorry, but I am cracked… I am leaking…. Find another pot, a new pot… more efficient than me and put it in my place. I’m not useful anymore...
 The man replied:
 - No way! While the entire pot is filled and retains water, you leak and your leaking waters the dry path where I walk. Look at the way: see the flowers that were born in the way that you showered with your default (failure to perform a task), while you were serving me faithfully!

Spiritual Treasure in Clay Jars
2 Corinthians 4:7 – “But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this  all- surpassing power is from God and not from us.” (NIV) //We have this treasure from 
God, but we are like clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows that the great power is from God, not from us.” (New Century Version)

Although we are just clay pots, we carry inside us a great treasure: the Holy Spirit who lives in us... this river of living waters... God wants to fill us more and more and use us to take living waters to the thirsty ones... In spite of our failures, mistakes, even if we are cracked... He can fix, repair us or just make us again into a new pot. Let Him do with you as the potter does... Continue serving Him faithfully! God bless you!
Pr Silvana´s preaching on 07/23/11

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário