quarta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2011

Conditions for Blessings

Solomon had finished the temple of the Lord. He and all Israel celebrated the dedication of the altar for fourteen days. After that, Solomon sent the people to their homes. They all were very happy. Then….
“The LORD appeared to him (Solomon) at night and said: “I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices. When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.” (2 Chronicles 7:12-16 / NIV)
We are God’s people, called by His name, according to John 1.12-13 and I Peter 2.9-10. When we read the text above (God’s speaking to Solomon), we understand that God, as a sovereign God, can “shut up the heavens and prevent rain to fall or allow bad things to happen “among His people”. They will be in need, will lack provision and will be destroyed. It happens to His people when they are proud, conceited, don’t pray, don’t seek His face and continue sinning and disobeying Him. However, He gave the solution, the conditions, to reverse the situation. IF we follow them, He’ll hear us and we’ll reach His blessings.
CONDITIONS:
HUMBLE” – I Peter 5.5b There’s no way out BUT humility: to recognize that we depend on God alone; we are nothing and have nothing without Him.
PRAY” – I Thessalonians 5.17; Jude 20 Prayer is a conversation: talk to God as you talk to a friend; speak and listen to Him as well, at all times.
SEEK” – Isaiah 55.6; Jeremiah 29.13 Take all the opportunities to spend time with the Lord, seeking His presence.
TURN FROM” – Ezekiel 14.6; Acts 3.19 We must stop sinning… repent, confess and abandon any sin; turn from (change direction, position) what is against God's Word and strive to walk in obedience and holiness.
Then, God will HEAR you…. FORGIVE you… and HEAL you
The Lord bless you powerfully!

Pr Silvana´s preaching on 10/15/11

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário