sábado, 14 de dezembro de 2013

Prayer Campaign: Day 55


Praying for the End of Idolatry

“ Then the word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all? Therefore speak to them and tell them, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When any of the Israelites set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet, I the LORD will answer them myself in keeping with their great idolatry. I will do this to recapture the hearts of the people of Israel, who have all deserted me for their idols.' "Therefore say to the people of Israel, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Repent! Turn from your idols and renounce all your detestable practices! "'When any of the Israelites or any foreigner residing in Israel separate themselves from me and set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet to inquire of me, I the LORD will answer them myself. I will set my face against them and make them an example and a byword. I will remove them from my people. Then you will know that I am the LORD.” (Ezekiel 14:2-8)

Idolatry is the practice of worshiping idols.

What are idols ?

At first, we can remember sculptures ... Idols go beyond sculptures... But can be people (family members, artists , religious leaders ), career , property , customs, values ​​, ideals , pleasures ...

An idol is anything that we mistakenly love mistakenly instead of worshiping God alone!

There is a story that when the Eiffel Tower was inaugurated , an Arab delegation visited Paris for the celebrations. Ended the festivities , that group was caught trying to steal a tap away. They were delighted with the object which , in their view , produced water. Imagine the value of such equipment in the desert ! Then people explained to them how the water came up to the faucet , since the water tank .

Let us pray God today for the end of idolatry, especially within churches . We need to understand that God is the source of living water . The " water tanks " , the " pipes " , " connections " and " taps " have no power to quench our thirst . Our source of water flows down from the sky directly over each one of us, as long as we believe.

On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,
"Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink.
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." (John 7:37-38)

 *Just a note on the comments received by the blog:
This blog is directed to those who are interested in the English language, so only comments in this language are published. The identification of the author of the comment, at least name and email address, is also required for publication.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário