quarta-feira, 28 de maio de 2014

May 24th

Paul´s Prayer in Colossians 1:9-14
Part II
Pastor Poliana de Carvalho
 

  • You need to understand God´s will.
  • You may obtain spiritual wisdom to live a holy life, pleasant to God.
"So that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God" Colossians 1:10

  • You must bear fruit!
 
  • Jesus wants you to bear fruit for the glory of the Father.

The Vine and the Branches

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." John 15:1-8
  • To know if you are glorifying God, pay attention if you are bearing fruit.
  • And to fruit, be planted by water - remain in Christ.
  • When you are planted by you will naturally bear fruit.


Are you a disciple of Jesus?
So bear fruit!

  • Don´t live for your own personal purposes.
  • You were created for the glory of God.
  • If you are not pleasing the Lord, it´s time for you to repent.
"Let us acknowledge the Lord
let us press on to acknowledge him." Hosea 6:3a
 
"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—
continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12
  • Do not stand! Move on!
  • Are you growing? Have you grown?
  • Are you moving ahead?
  • Why are you coming to church every Saturday?
  • Are you developing your spiritual life?
  • Thank God, He gives you the opportunity to think of your lifes. Rethink your behavior!
  • You must press on acknowledging the Lord to be strengthened enough to face difficulties, against evil.
  • You need to experience God´s power in you!
  • No other thing will enable you to win!
  • No people, no intelligence, no possessions...
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being," Ephesians 3:16

Then you will be able to bear fruit!
Then you will be a true disciple!
Then you will no longer care for earthly things!
Then you will live for the Lord deeply!


 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário