terça-feira, 6 de novembro de 2012

November 3rd

WHAT´S IN YOUR HAND?
Pr. Lobo

 

Exodus 4:1-5

"Moses, answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, 'The Lord did not appear to you'?" Then the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" "A staff", he replied. The Lord said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. The the Lord sair to him, "Reach out your hand and take it by the tail." So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand. "This," said the Lord, "is so that they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers - the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob - has appeared to you."


MOSES STAFF!
That´s what Moses had in his hands.
And that represented three things:

The staff represented who he was!
A sheperd!
What are the responsibilities of a sheperd. (Psalm 23).
A. (Psalm 23:1) "The LORD is my sheperd"
1. A good sheperd gives the sheep a sense of belonging.
2. He should know his sheep.
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me" (John 10:14). Note the word "know" is the same word used of the intimate knowing of a man and his wife.
3. He should know them by name.
"The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out." (John 10:3)

"When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord,", he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep." The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said. "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep." (John 21:15)


What he had!
Usually that was all the shepherd got;
Was lonely;
Sometimes poor;
God wants to use you!
Who are you?
What´s in your hands?

Ecclesiastes 9:10
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are oing, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Ephesians  1:22; 16:17,18
"And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church,"

Colossians 1:16-18
"For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all thingss, and in him  all things hold together. And he is the the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy."

Ephesians 5:23
"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

Mark 16:17,18
"And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

SO, BEFORE THESE THINGS, 
WHAT SHOULD WE BE AND 
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?

HIS ARMS THAT REACH!


HIS HANDS THAT HEAL!



HIS FEET THAT WALK!



HIS MOUTH THAT SPEAKS!



IT´S IN YOUR HANDS!



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário