quarta-feira, 14 de novembro de 2012

November 10th

The Lord´s Supper:
a table of healing

“Everyone ought to examine themselves before 
they eat of the bread and drink from the cup.”
 (I Corinthians 11:28)

The Lord´s Supper is:
- a celebration of the communion of the disciples, which together at the table shared the bread and gave example of the Unity of the Church (I Cor 10:17)
- a celebration of the sacrifice of Jesus (I Cor 11:23-25)
-an affirmation of the expectation of the return of Christ (I Cor 11:26)
-a table of consecration (I Cor 10:16)
-a table of healing (I Cor 11:28-31)

Before participating in the Supper we are invited to a time of reflection on our lives before God. The world encourages you to seek pleasure, satisfaction, success at any price, to build masks, to create features.But God invites us to assess our weaknesses, our flaws... 

Self-examination is something simple at first, but it is a difficult process, often painful. But we need to do because our target is heaven, and therefore we need to display the character of Christ.

Follow 4 steps to a personal examination. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Ask Him to help you, guiding and revealing everything you must realize about yourself.

1st Level - What I know about myself and people also know - as I and people see me.
"My life is an open book"
 

-How am I?
-How do I use my individuality for the common good?
-Does my individuality pleases or displeases God?

2nd Level - What I know about myself, but people do not know - Who I am and who people think I am
a) What people say: who here never suffered Trials, defamation, slander, gossip, lies: they invented some lie about me. They said I was something I was not. I had done something that had not. I knew the truth but people do not.

b) What I hide: my secrets, my shades - If there is some feature in your life that you would like Jesus to change, spend some time in prayer, asking God to help you overcome these less attractive aspects for you to become more like Him.
 
3rd Level - I do not know but people know - What I do not see but people see: a habit that I have difficulty to recognize and find harder still to get rid of him. It happens ... In the conversion process, even as children, newborns is very common to commit mistakes that we make before .... Follow with our liar, immoral, corrupt nature ... 
It is very sad to hear someone, especially a Christian say, "I was born this way, so I grew up and I'll die like this" ...

Being a Christian is to deny yourself and fight every day to look like. Otherwise death is certain!

4th Level - I do not know, people do not know, but God knows. We think we know everything about us, but we are mistaken.
How would you be healed if you don´t know that  you are sick?We need to acknowledge our sin, our sinful nature and understanding that we have no power, give all to Jesus and recognize that we will only be cured or saved through Him.
Following Jesus is the largest project That anyone can have, but this will require from you:
a.To exam yourself
b.To give up of a life of sin,
b.To become a close friend of God!. 

From Ana

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário