quinta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2012

October 20

WHO IS JESUS FOR YOU?
Pr. Lobo


Matthew 16:13-18
"When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say the Son of Man is?" They replied, "Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets." "But what about you?" He asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter anwered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." "


ROMANS
  • Jesus was not a threat;
  • Jesus was not important;
  • Jesus was condemned;

GREEK
  • Jesus was a poor lunatic.
  • Much less important than any philosopher of their time.
PHARISEES
  • Jesus was a threat;
  • Jesus was a farse - simply the Nazarene (Despicable)!

PALESTINIANS, JEWS
  • Jesus was the king who would save them from the oppression of Rome;
  • The one who would give back the glorious days of King David.


BUT SOME SAW HIM DIFFERENTLY!!!
Luke 18:35-43
A Blind Beggar Receives His Sight
"As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”   He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted  all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stopped and  ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus  asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” “Lord, I want to  see,” he replied. Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your  faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God."


LUKE 8: 44-47
The Sick Woman - Jehovah Rapha - The Healer

“She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. “Who touched   me?” Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.” But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has  gone out from me.” Then the woman, seeing that she could  not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In  the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed.


MATTHEW 8:5-13

The Faith of the Centurion


When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?” The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.”

JESUS IS
IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH:
  • WONDERFUL COUNSELOR;
  • MIGHTY GOD;
  • EVERLASTING FATHER;
  • PRINCE OF PEACE.

IN THE GOSPELS:
  • THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT;
  • HE IS THE SON OF GOD;
  • WISDOM OF GOD;
  • THE LOGUS - WORD WHICH BECAME FLESH;
  • THE KING OF KINGS;
  • THE GREAT I AM.

IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION:
  • ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, THE FIRST AND THE LAST;
  • BRIGHT MORNING STAR;
  • LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH;
  • THE ROOT OF DAVID.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário