sexta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2012

August 11th


Becoming  a Real Friend of God
A briefing of the message brought by brother Flávio


John 15:12-17
12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit —fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.


When we confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are declaring our belief
our admirationour love, and our friendship for Him.


  • Remember:  obeying God’s word is the # 1 way to prove our  friendship for Him.
  • We will come into situations in which God will test or prove our friendship like he did to Abraham.


Obey = to follow a commandment
A real friend of God DOES NOT just:

  • Go to church every Sunday;
  • Follow the doctrines of a church;
  • Act as a good person;
A real friend of God:

  • Acts with faith;
  • Asks for guidance;
  • Obeys His word (Bible).

Matthew 22:37-39
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Loving God and loving my neighbor as myself means: PRODUCING FRUITS.

Galatians  5:22-23
 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    The word of God in Colossians 3:12 further instructs us to act with:
       Compassion;
       Kindness;
       Humility;
       Gentleness;
       Patience.
    All of those five qualities can also establish great relationships and demonstrate the love of God towards other people.

Conclusion:
       God has called us to be His friends;
       A friendship with God requires obedience;
       A true Christian demonstrates God’s love towards others.

 


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário